People Spotlight – Meet Head of Affiliate Relationships, Enzo Silvestri
Our People Spotlight blog series takes a look at some of the wonderful names and faces behind the peoplevalue brand. This month, we’re saying hello to Enzo Silvestri, our Head of Affiliate Relationships. Find out more about him and his role at peoplevalue below.
Introducing Enzo Silvestri, Head of Affiliate Relationships
Enzo is our Head of Affiliate Relationships. He works closely with our Strategic Partnerships & Content Manager and various other teams to orchestrate all aspects of the eCommerce strategy for our brand. This includes building relationships and expanding on the activities we do with brands and partners and optimising the shopping experience for our customers.
Before joining peoplevalue four months ago, in November 2021, ecEnzo spent 14 years working within the B2B division of Sainsbury’s Argos, focusing on General Merchandise sales and progressing through the business to the Senior Account Manager. During this time, he became the Account Manager for peoplevalue and formed a great relationship with our CEO, Andy Caldicott, and our COO, Chris Chambers.
Despite having only been part of our team for a short while, Enzo has already made a really positive impact and has quickly become a key player.
When he’s not busy working, Enzo’s focus is his three kids. He manages two boys’ football teams so, five days out of seven, you can usually find him on the side of a football pitch coaching. He’s also a season ticket holder for Luton Town and has enjoyed witnessing the clubs’ return to the Championship during the past seven seasons. Outside of football, he tries to spend as much time with his daughter as possible, as well as stay fit, eat loads of great food and relax.
What does a typical day look like for you at peoplevalue?
“This is still quite a difficult question for me to answer, as we are working on so many great projects and opportunities. However, if I was to give you a typical day of me, I’d have to say I spend most of my day asking the team lots of questions – whether this is through various meetings, Teams chats or me simply picking up the phone and talking. I’m super keen to understand what, why and how we do things so we can put a customer and commercial view on everything, to ensure we continue to provide a great experience for everyone.”
How do you like to start your working day?
“My alarm is usually going off from 5.15 and I’m usually up and about at 5.30. I head downstairs, put the kettle on and get Marley (our family dog) ready for his walk. I get home about 7ish and usually, everyone is still in bed, so I head into the garage and do a workout. Time moves quickly in the morning, so then it’s shower, breakfast and another coffee before logging on for the day ahead.”
How did you get into your current job role?
“Once I knew I was leaving Sainsbury’s, peoplevalue were high on the priority list to engage with, hoping to understand what options might be available or coming up. Having met with Andy and Chris, who talked me through the growth strategy and with the opportunity to interview for what became my role, it was something I was absolutely going to put my heart and soul into.”
What is your favourite thing about working at peoplevalue?
“Having only been with the team for a short period, I’ve not experienced too much, however, a number of things do stand out:
– The togetherness we have as a team is brilliant – everyone is available to support, listen and try to help. We are super focused on the customer and endeavour to deliver a great experience all the time
– The Christmas party, whilst I’m told was a lot more reserved than previous years, was a fantastic experience and a great opportunity for me to get to know more about individuals and the teams
– Lastly, it’s our focus. Whilst it’s clear to see we all love to have fun (which is massively important), we are all super focused on delivering a great experience, results and our continued growth.”
– The opportunity, we have an incredible business and culture. A great team and a significant opportunity to step change our outcomes – which is super exciting
What one word would you use to describe peoplevalue’s culture?
What do you most enjoy about your job?
“ The autonomy, teamwork and our variation.”
What do you think are the key ingredients that build a highly engaged workforce?
- Great leadership
- Clear Vision and Purposes, which is understood by everyone
- Autonomy and accountability
- Learning and growth culture
- Fun and Enjoyment
What is your favourite quote?
Coming from a sporting background, which has taught me to never give up and has helped set the standards, principles and behaviours I stand for, I have to go for the famous quote from Rocky Balboa. 😊
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!”
Are there any projects you’ve worked on that you’re particularly proud of/ any upcoming projects that you’re looking forward to?
“Looking at my short time within peoplevalue, we’ve already introduced a few initiatives/projects and we have a lot more to come…
- Sales through Service initiative with our Customer Service Team provides a fantastic service to our customers, therefore utilising the opportunities on every customer touchpoint to deepen our understanding of their needs and requirements, will be incredibly simple to implement and highly valuable
- Working cross-functionally with various teams on our 2022 Communication Plan has been a great experience. Increasing our member communication offer to improve their shopping experience
- Within eCommerce and Content, we are focusing on our Activity Planner, to maximise customer engagement and increase commercial outcomes. Achieved through relevant and targeted partner content, which supplements
2022 is looking really exciting!’’
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.