The peoplevalue mo bros raise over £1,700 for Movember 2020
This year, the peoplevalue mo bros assembled once again to take part in Movember. Andy Campbell, Matt Snare, Andy Caldicott and Mike Morgan formed our Movember 2020 team and together raised a fantastic £1,726 for the charity.
The peoplevalue mo bros
(From left to right: Andy Campbell, Matt Snare, Andy Caldicott and Mike Morgan).
What is Movember?
Movember is well-known for being the reason why men up and down the country grow a moustache for one month of the year, but there’s more to it than that. Movember is a leading charity that does amazing work throughout the year to raise awareness and make a difference in three key areas: mental health & suicide prevention, prostate cancer and testicular cancer. Their focus is specifically on men’s health because, as they say, it’s in a crisis.
The reality is that men are dying too young. On average, men die six years earlier than women and for largely preventable reasons.
- Globally, on average, 1 man dies by suicide every minute of every day.
- 1 in 8 UK men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime. It is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in men in the UK.
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in young UK men. Although it has a 95% survival rate, the long-term treatment-related side effects can severely impact some men’s quality of life.
To combat these issues, Movember funds over 1,250 projects across the world. Focusing on awareness, innovation and collaboration, by 2030 Movember aims to:
- Halve the number of men dying from testicular cancer and prostate cancer
- Halve the number of men facing serious ongoing side effects from treatment
- Reduce the rate of male suicides by 25%
Why we have taken part
Our team members have decided to take part in Movember for their own personal reasons, but they are united by the fact that we, as a business, are passionate about health and wellbeing. 2020 has been a year like no other. With the ever-changing COVID-19 restrictions, our health and wellbeing has been challenged in many different ways which makes it all the more crucial to step up and show our support for charities that are doing important work while we navigate this global pandemic.
Team Captain Andy Campbell said:
“To raise over £1,700 as a team is a great achievement and we’re hugely grateful for people supporting us in raising awareness and funds for the fantastic work Movember do. It means a lot for many reasons and we couldn’t be more grateful.”
To view our team page, click here.